The Health Care Efficiency (HCE) initiative is one of the major initiatives that the Secretary established for the Department. The HCE initiative is designed to coordinate and accelerate the ongoing cost savings initiatives while enhancing services to clients. The primary goal is to improve the patient experience by minimizing variations in services, and creating organizational efficiencies and lowering costs by streamlining and minimizing manual processes.
The HCE Initiative required additional project and program management support to their internal organization and staff.
- Provided Project Managers for two of the major components: Beneficiary Travel and Non-Agency Provided Care
- The Beneficiary Travel project establishes standard processes and tools for calculating reimbursements and monitors client eligibility for the beneficiary travel program
- The Non-Agency Provided Care project develops standard processes and technologies for managing the delivery and payment of medical care by the private sector
- Served as a liaison between Information Technology and the Business Owners to define business requirements
- Utilized the business requirements to prepare system documents
- Worked with the Department’s staff to establish the proper criteria to evaluate and select vendors to implement the defined solution
- Provided project management expertise and support, including:
- Planning and schedule management
- Risk and issue management
- Meeting facilitation
- Change control management
- Document management
- Oversight of external developed contract solutions
The two projects have successfully developed, tested, and implemented key solutions and functionality over the past two years with additional capabilities planned for the next year.