The leaders of the Operations Division of a national Medicare Advantage health insurance company, with the help of Advanta, had developed a performance improvement plan designed to reduce operating expenses while improving customer service levels and scores over an 18-month period. The plan provided for the completion of seven initial projects involving technology or operations.
The company then needed a dedicated, focused program management office to drive the initiation and completion of the project portfolio. Existing internal resources were assigned to other enterprise initiatives and not available during the required timeframe in which these results needed to be achieved.
- Provided the industry-experienced Program Manager and the Project Managers for six of the seven projects within the program
- Initiated a number of oversight processes.
- Chartered each project and team within the identified program
- Provided project management coaching to each team
- Monitored and reported project and program performance at various organizational levels
- Developed and managed risk, issue, and dependency management processes
- Facilitated effective communication and work relationships with the Information Technology Division
- Prepared and presented periodic status reports to all levels within the company
The projects came in on budget and within established timelines. The client was successful in achieving the program’s cost reduction goal of $17 million.