The Claims Operations group of a national health insurer was in the process of implementing a system application modification to accommodate the requirements of a new client (a State Medicaid program). However, as the application was coming to completion, it was determined that the testing phase had not achieved the planned outcomes. The Operations leadership required an assessment and a remedial plan.
The Advanta testing manager:
- Assessed the current state of the modification’s deployment, the testing effort, and its results to date
- Developed an effective testing approach and plan for the application modification
- Implemented and managed the remedial testing plan
- Created a detailed project work plan for executing the test plan
- Managed the test analysts
- Prepared periodic project updates, documenting key project elements and associated issues/risks
- Trained the test analysts in the methods and tools required to conduct proper tests
Testing was completed within the planned schedule and budget. There were no operational issues once the application was placed into use for the new State Medicaid program.